All nail extensions I do I use a tip for.. I only sculpt a nail if necessary..
Please note non of my products contain MMA and all my acrylic is sourced from well known high quality manufacturers and all product ingredients can be provided upon request.
Commonly asked questions about our treatments.
This extension is made up of a liquid & powder overlay which is applied to the nail and left to harden. It is the thickest and heaviest type of nail extension.. You can have different glitters and colours mixed in to give different effects. Infills I recommend every 2 weeks. Acrylic is easily removed by soaking nails in warm acetone. Please note non of my products contain MMA and all my acrylic is sourced from well known high quality manufacturers and all product ingredients can be provided upon request.
Hard Gel is non removable in acetone and therefore requires buffing off. A UV/LED lamp is used to cure the products which is like a clear gel like treacle in consistency. Gel is much clearer than acrylic and needs less filling.
These in my opinion are the best type of nail extension. The overlay is made up of a mesh which has a resin soaked through it to form a hard layer, they are thin, natural, light and gentler on the natural nail. Easily soaked off in warm acetone.
This is a long lasting gel coating which is applied like a nail polish but cures under a UV/LED lamp to leave a totally dry and high shine colour/French on the nails. They last 2/3 weeks and are totally removed and replaced at your next maintenance appointment. This can also be applied to the toes and lasts twice as long as fingers due to you not using your feet as much.
- I recommend using a oil on your nails on a daily basis if you wear gels..they are removed off your nails in full every few weeks and so oil is a good idea to keep them from drying.
- Do not cut or file the gels as this will cause the seal to break and then the gel can peel.. Gel on feet last a lot longer so you may have to trim them in between visits and many people don’t have any problems with it peeing after.
- If you wish to wear a different colour for a day or 2 then you can paint over the gel and just remove the polish when you have finished with a non acetone polish remover and oil.
- I don’t recommend picking at the gel as this can cause damage to your own nail
- Do not use your nails as levers, scrapers, can openers etc..
- If you wish to change the length or shape of your nails then please file them don’t cut them as this can cause them to crease or shatter.
- I don’t recommend you change your polish in between visits as it can actually weaken your extension.. If you want to paint them a different colour then please paint over them and I will take it all off at your infill or just book in for a repaint.
- Do not pick, bite or chew your extensions as this can cause damage to your natural nail, if you need to remove any broken or sharp bit please file or soak in acetone until removed and oil.
- Don’t feel if you’ve broken a nail that you have to wait till your next appointment, you can always pop in for 1 nail.
- You can always freshen your nails up in between appointments with a fresh layer of top coat.